Light, airy and full of flavor this Vanilla Bean Pistachio Cake is a fun and tasty flavor combination perfect for absolutely any occasion.
Vanilla Bean Pistachio Cake
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 Rodelle Madagascar vanilla bean
- 1/2 tsp Rodelle vanilla paste or pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb butter
- 1 pkg pistachio pudding 3.4 oz
- 1 tsp Rodelle pure vanilla extract
- 5-6 cups powdered sugar
- 4-6 Tbs milk
- Chopped pistachios optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl mix together your flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk until combined, set aside.
- In another bowl beat together your butter and sugar until fluffy, add in your eggs 1 at a time until blended
- Mix in your vanilla bean and vanilla paste.
- Alternate adding your dry ingredients and milk into your wet ingredients.
- Place in 2 9″ prepared cake pans and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden and they spring back.
- Remove from oven and turn onto cooling racks to fully cool.
- Meanwhile to make frosting, in large bowl beat your butter until light and fluffy.
- Blend in pudding and vanilla and then add in your powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
- Once sugar is added add in your milk slowly until you reach your desired consistency and continue to beat on high for about 5 minutes to fluff up.
- On turnstyle or cake stand place one layer of your cake and then spread about 1 cup of your frosting in the center and spread to about 1/2″ from sides.
- Top with second layer of cake and then spread frosting around the top and sides of your cake until covered, reserving about 1 cup of your frosting for decorating.
- To make a textured cake using a offset spatula place gently on the bottom of your cake and press into frosting and spin cake around, repeat in rows until you reach the top of your cake.
- Pipe remaining frosting into large roses on top of cake then sprinkle with pistachios.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!