Experienced Intermediate Bicep Workout Routine
- Frequency – 1 workout per week, with at least 5 rest days before your next bicep workouts.
- Duration – 12+ months.
- Focus – Mixing volume, intensity and advanced training techniques. Progression will be difficult, but a lifter should strive to gain strength when possible.
- Back Training – Make sure to include rows and pullups (or lat pull downs) as back work. These lifts will also help you build bigger biceps.
- Rest Pause Sets – Use the same weight for all sets. Find a weight that allows you to perform 8-10 reps for the first set. Rest only 20 seconds between sets.
- Slow Negatives – Perform reps normally, but take 5 seconds after each rep to lower the weight back to its starting position.
Notes: Do not train to failure on any set. Stop each set when your exercise form starts to slip, or when you feel like you might fail on the next rep. Always do as many reps as possible per set. Never waste a set.