Intermediate Bicep Workout Routine
- Frequency – 1 workout per week, with at least 5 rest days before your next bicep workouts.
- Duration – 6+ months.
- Focus – Add slightly more volume and intensity and continue to learn more about how the body handles additional training volume and greater demands.
- Approach – Moderately high volume in a variety of rep ranges beginning experimentation using advanced training techniques.
- Back Training – Make sure to include rows and pullups (or lat pull downs) as back work. These lifts will also help you build bigger biceps.
- Rest Pause Sets – Use the same weight for all sets. Find a weight that allows you to perform 8-10 reps for the first set. Rest only 20 seconds between sets.
- Drop Sets – Perform a set, then immediately perform 3 drop sets using progressively lighter dumbbells. After 2 minutes, repeat this process a second time.
Notes: Do not train to failure on any set. Stop each set when your exercise form starts to slip, or when you feel like you might fail on the next rep. Always do as many reps as possible per set. Never waste a set.