Experienced Beginner Bicep Workout Routine
- Frequency – 2 workouts per week, with at least 2 rest days between workouts.
- Duration – 3 to 4+ months.
- Focus – Build strength and learn more about how body handles additional training volume.
- Approach – Moderately low volume and strength building in the muscle building rep ranges of 8-12 reps per set.
- Remember – You are still building muscle at a rapid rate. Resist the urge to add volume just yet, remembering that the biceps are a relatively small muscle group and might be growing faster than you realize.
- Back Training – Make sure to include rows and pullups (or lat pull downs) as back work. These lifts will also help you build bigger biceps.
Notes: Do not train to failure on any set. Stop each set when your exercise form starts to slip, or when you feel like you might fail on the next rep. Always do as many reps as possible per set. Never waste a set.