If you like butter pecan ice cream, you’ll love this cake. Loads of nuts are folded into the batter, and more are sprinkled over the delectable frosting.
Toasted Butter Pecan Cake
Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup softened butter, divided
- 2-2/3 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 6-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add pecans; cook until toasted, about 4 minutes. Cool.
- Cream sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat just until combined. Fold in 2 cups pecans, reserving remainder.
- Spread batter evenly into three greased and waxed paper-lined 9-in. round pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Refrigerate.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!