Simple and easy to make this, this delicious old-fashioned strawberry rhubarb pie is packed with a juicy strawberry rhubarb filling and is the perfect way to use up fresh or frozen fruit.
The Best Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
- 2 pie crusts (use gluten-free if needed)
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 Tbsp white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup flour (use gluten-free flour if needed)
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel
- 2.5 cups rhubarb, chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 3–4 cups strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- whipped cream, optional
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees (or 400 if gluten-free).
- Place one pie crust into a 9″ pie pan.
- Gently toss the sliced strawberries and rhubarb together. Spoon half into the pie crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cups sugar, flour, and orange peel. Sprinkle half this mixture over the strawberry rhubarb in the pie crust. Spoon the remaining sliced strawberries and rhubarb into the pie, then sprinkle with the remaining sugar mixture.
- Slice the butter into small pieces and place around the top of the pie.
- Cover the pie with the top crust and seal the edges by pressing with a fork. Cut slits in the top, then sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar over the top of the pie. Cover the edges of the pie crust with foil or pie crust shield to prevent the edges from burning.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the crust is just browning and the juice bubbles through the slits. Cool, slice, and serve.
- Enjoy with whipped cream if desired. Best served warm.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!