Fried chicken wings are so easy to make and always turn out great. Be sure to let them refrigerate for at least an hour. It well help the flavor and ensure they are extra crispy. Be sure dip them (or drown) in your favorite sauce!
Fried Chicken Wings
YIELDS: 6 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 1 HOUR 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 30 MINS
- 2 lb. chicken wings
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Rinse wings under cold water then pat dry with paper towels. Place wings on a baking sheet lined with a cooling rack then season wings on both sides with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together flour and spices then season with salt and pepper. Working one at a time, coat chicken in flour mixture.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat 2” oil until shimmering (about 350°) Working in batches, fry chicken until deeply golden and cooked through, 8 minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Serve warm.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!