Featuring coconut, pecans, cinnamon, chocolate, and oats – these cookies are thick, chewy, and so flavorful!
The Best Cowboy Cookies Recipe
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 11 mins
Inactive: 10 mins
Total Time: 51 mins
- 1 cup (230g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs plus one egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons milk (full-fat works best)
- 1 and 1/2 cups (190g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups (240g) old-fashioned whole rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (60g) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (64g) pecans, roughly chopped
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 (F). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer, combine the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs and yolk, one at a time, scraping down the sides as needed. Beat in the vanilla and milk and beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. With the mixer on low speed, gradually beat the flour mixture into the butter/sugar mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
- Add in the the oats, coconut, pecans, and chocolate chips into the cookie dough, beating just until incorporated.
- Scoop 2-inch balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1 and 1/2 inches between so they have room to spread.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are golden and set at the edges and still slightly soft in the center. Repeat with all cookie dough.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!