My Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is ultra moist because I use a secret trick! This banana bread recipe can be made with or without the chocolate chips and is guaranteed to be your new go-to recipe!
The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 60 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- 3 medium bananas, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Line the bottom and up the short sides with a strip of parchment paper. Spray again with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mash 2 of the bananas with a fork, leaving them slightly lumpy. Slice the remaining banana thinly, and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the butter and sugar. Mix in the eggs and vanilla and stir until smooth. Add the sour cream, mashed bananas, baking soda, and salt, and stir until blended. Next mix in the flour until incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, walnuts, and sliced banana.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, and then using the parchment paper as handles, carefully lift the banana bread out of the pan to cool on a wire rack.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!