This is the best and most comforting soup to make on a chilly day. Actually, on any given day.
Thai Chicken Coconut Soup
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 5 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 30 MINS
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. freshly minced ginger
- 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 6 c. chicken broth low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14-oz.) can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1″ pieces
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Chili oil, for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add ginger and cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then add mushrooms and cook until soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add broth, coconut milk, and fish sauce and bring to a boil. Add chicken, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is no longer pink, about 15 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in lime juice.
- Garnish with cilantro and chili oil (if using) before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!