Sweet Corn and Candied Bacon Pancakes are the ultimate southern pancakes. The corn gives the pancakes tons of sweetness and the bacon adds a salty, savory note. Slather them with butter and drizzle with maple syrup and get ready to dig into one of the most delicious stacks of pancakes ever.
Sweet Corn and Candied Bacon Pancakes
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 25 MINUTES
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- butter for cooking and serving
- Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Lay bacon strips side by side. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake until bacon is fully cooked, about 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool and then chop.
- In a 2-cup glass measuring cup, combine corn, milk, and 1/4 cup sugar. Puree with an immersion blender until smooth. Or you can use a food processor.
Whisk in eggs.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry and stir just until flour disappears.
- Place a small amount of butter on a hot griddle. Once melted, pour batter onto griddle, forming 4-inch pancakes. Sprinkle tops with bacon. Flip over once bubbles form and continue to cook until cooked through.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!