It’s the combo you can’t get enough of.
Sweet and Sour Chicken
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1/2 c. cornstarch
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- cooked white rice, for serving
- Season chicken, on all sides, with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, dredge chicken in cornstarch until evenly coated. Using tongs, shake off excess cornstarch. In a separate large bowl, toss chicken in eggs until evenly coated.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and brown on all sides, about 4 minutes. Add bell peppers and sauté with chicken until beginning to soften.
- Meanwhile, whisk together apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, honey, ketchup and garlic. Pour sauce into the skillet. Simmer together with the meat for 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve warm with rice.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!