Prunes provide the sweet, while olives provide the savory, in this easy chicken and whole-grain dinner recipe.
Sweet and Savory Chicken recipes
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 30 MINS
- 1 3/4 c. lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. bulgur
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken-breast tenders
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 c. chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 c. chopped prunes
- 1 tsp. capers
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat 1 cup broth and 1 cup water to boiling. Stir in bulgur. Cover and simmer on low 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, place chicken tenders between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. With meat mallet, pound each to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add chicken and cook 4 minutes or until no longer pink throughout, turning over once. Transfer to plate; cover and keep warm.
- Add onion to skillet; cook on medium 5 minutes or until beginning to soften, stirring occasionally. Add olives, prunes, capers, remaining broth, and juices from chicken on plate; heat to boiling, stirring. Boil 1 minute. Serve chicken and sauce over bulgur.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!