Let the blender do the prep for this effortlessly juicy chicken dinner. Topping the chicken with a light salsa of fresh pineapple, shallots, and herbs while baking ensures a moist result.
Sweet and Savory Baked Chicken with Pineapple and Tarragon
- 4 sprig fresh tarragon (2 sprigs chopped, 2 whole sprigs for roasting)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 c. chopped fresh pineapple
- 8 shallots
- 2 tbsp. rice-wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Stir chopped tarragon, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Rub mixture all over chicken. Transfer to a large roasting pan, arranging chicken so pieces are not touching. Refrigerate until ready to bake (up to 1 day).
- Put pineapple, chopped shallots, vinegar, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt into a food processor. Process until mixture is slightly chunky, about 2 minutes.
- Spread pineapple mixture over chicken. Top with dabs of butter. Add the remaining tarragon sprigs and 6 shallots to roasting pan. Bake chicken, basting with pan juices occasionally, until skin is golden, about 50 minutes.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!