Strawberry Snack Cake makes the perfect snack, breakfast, dessert – you name it! It’s a super moist cake with strawberries, a cream cheese layer and a cinnamon sugar topping!
Strawberry Snack Cake
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (52g) sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (155g) sugar
- 9 tbsp (126g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 tbsp (86g) sour cream
- 6 tbsp (90ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (195g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (104g) chopped strawberries, chopped
- 7–10 strawberries, cut in half
CINNAMON SUGAR TOPPING
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sugar
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1–2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 inch cake pan with a circle of parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
- To prepare the cream cheese filling, beat cream cheese and sugar together with a mixer until smooth.
- Add the egg white and vanilla extract and mix until well incorporated. Set aside egg yolk for cake batter. Set aside cream cheese mixture.
- To make the cake batter, combine the sugar and butter and beat on medium speed until light in color and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Don’t skimp on the creaming time.
- Add the sour cream and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the milk and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until smooth.
- Gently stir in the chopped strawberries
- Add half of the batter to the prepared cake pan and spread evenly.
- Add spoonfuls of the cream cheese filling over the batter, then gently spread into an even layer.
- Add spoonfuls of the remaining cake batter over the cream cheese filling, then gently spread into an even layer.
- Add the strawberry halves to the top of the cake. Don’t press them into the cake, just set them on top. They will sink a bit when baking.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar for the topping and sprinkle it evenly over the top of the cake.
- Bake the cake for 60-65 minutes or until browned on top and a toothpick inserted comes out moist, but with a few cake crumbs. It may have some moisture from the cream cheese layer, but the cake should be crumbs.
- Remove cake from the oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- To make the icing, combine the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth. Feel free to add more milk or powdered sugar, as needed to thicken or thin the icing.
- Drizzle the icing over the cake.
- This cake can served after cooling at room temperature, or refrigerated and served cold. It is denser after being refrigerated.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!