Classic cheesecake gets a summery upgrade.
Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 40 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 6 HOURS 40 MINS
- Vanilla cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 2 (8-oz.) blocks cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 2 c. cold heavy cream
- 3 c. strawberries, 2 c sliced and the rest left whole
- Grease an 8″ springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients for vanilla cake. Pour ½ cup in pan, or enough to coat the bottom of your pan. (Save the rest of the batter for a separate cake or cupcakes!)
- Bake until golden and a toothpick comes out dry.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Add sugar to combine, then gradually add cream and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Press the slices of strawberry along the edge of the springform pan, so that the bottoms of the strawberries touch the cake. Place your whole strawberries on the surface of the cake leaving about a ½” between each. Cover with the cheesecake mixture and refrigerate for 5 to 6 hours.
- Garnish with more chopped strawberries. Serve.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!