These Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars are the best fruity desserts for the summertime. These fresh and tangy treats are made with a buttery shortbread crust for perfection in every bite.
Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into tablespoon sized pieces
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, powdered sugar, 1 tsp lemon zest and butter. Cut together with a pastry cutter until mixture is crumbly. It will be dry, don’t worry.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until edges start to golden.
- Meanwhile, in bowl of stand mixer beat together cream cheese, remaining zest and granulated sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, stirring until combined. Stir in lemon juice.
- When crust is golden, remove from oven and spread strawberry preserves evenly on top. Pour cream cheese mixture on top of preserves.
- Continue baking for 25 minutes until cheesecake is set in the middle.
- Allow to cool on wire rack for 20 minutes and then chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Cut into squares when ready to serve.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!