Get ready for the most decadent cake of your life.
Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Cake
YIELDS: 8 – 10
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 6 HOURS 30 MINS
FOR THE CRUST
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 24 Oreos, crushed
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- Pinch kosher salt
FOR THE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- 2 tsp. gelatin
- 2 1/2 tbsp. cold water
- 2 1/4 c. chocolate chips
- 3 c. heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 qt. strawberries, stems removed
FOR THE GANACHE TOPPING
- 2/3 c. heavy cream
- 2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- chocolate shavings
- Make crust: Grease a springform pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine crushed Oreos, melted butter and salt. Press mixture into pan and set aside.
- Make chocolate mousse: In a small bowl, combine gelatin and water and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring 1 cup heavy cream to a simmer then remove from heat. Whisk in softened gelatin and stir until completely dissolved. Pour mixture over chocolate chips and whisk until chocolate is melted. Let mixture cool, stirring occasionally.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat remaining 2 cups cream with powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Stir in about 1/4 cup of whipped cream into melted chocolate mixture. Then gently fold in the remaining whipped cream until fully incorporated.
- Spread a thin layer of mousse over crust. Cut in half as many strawberries as necessary to press around the inside edge of the pan, then place whole strawberries inside, stemmed side down.
- Transfer remaining mousse to a piping bag and fill in all the gaps between strawberries, then spread mousse over strawberries, creating a flat top. Refrigerate until set, about 4 to 6 hours.
- Make ganache: In a small saucepan over low heat, heat heavy cream. Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and pour over hot heavy cream. Let sit 3 minutes, then stir until creamy and no lumps remain.
- Refrigerate ganache until slightly thick, 15 minutes, and spread over mousse. Sprinkle chocolate shavings on top.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!