Combining miso with lime, ginger, fish sauce and sugar creates a terrific sweet-sour glaze for crispy baked chicken wings.
Sticky Miso Chicken Wings
COOK TIME: 0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 0 MINS
- 12 chicken wings
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- c. shiro miso (light yellow)
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. Asian fish sauce
- 1 Thai bird chile
- 3 tbsp. turbinado or light brown sugar
- Cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss wings with oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Transfer to a rack set over a baking sheet. Bake for about 40 minutes, turning wings halfway through, until they are golden, crispy, and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine all of remaining ingredients except cilantro and lime. Add 3 tablespoons of water and cook over moderately low heat, whisking frequently, until sugar is dissolved and glaze is smooth and slightly thickened.
- Brush glaze all over wings and bake for about 10 minutes longer, until wings are golden brown and sticky. Transfer wings to a platter, garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!