This pound cake is velvety, buttery, rich and perfectly creamy filled with the moistness and flavor of sour cream. This generational recipe will become a true classic in your family for years to come.
Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Resting time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Stand mixer
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups cake flour sifted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream room temperature
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Start by preheating your oven to 325 F then liberally spray a 12 cup bundt pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In your stand mixer bowl, add butter and sugar and mix for 3-4 minutes on high speed until very pale yellow and fluffy.
- Next add eggs, one at a time, combining well after each addition and scraping down the sides of your bowl as needed.
- Turn your mixer down to its lowest speed, and slowly add flour into batter in two increments then add salt and baking soda. Be careful not to overbeat.
- Lastly add in sour cream and vanilla extract, scrape down sides and mix until just combined and turn off mixer.
- Pour cake batter into prepared bundt pan, and bake for 1 hour and 15-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes then invert cake on serving plate for at least an hour or until the cake is cool to touch.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!