You don’t need to sear the chicken first, but it’s key for crispy skin. If you’d like to skip this step, we recommend using boneless skinless chicken thighs instead.
Slow-Cooker Tuscan Chicken
YIELDS: 6 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 4 HOURS 20 MINS
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lb. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. baby potatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Thinly sliced basil, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and sear until golden, 3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a large slow cooker, combine potatoes, bell pepper, broth, cream, Parmesan, butter, and spices. Season with salt and pepper, then place chicken on top.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours, until potatoes are tender and chicken fully cooked.
- Garnish with parsley and more Parmesan, before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!