Chicken tastes even better when you don’t actually have to cook it.
Slow-Cooker Lemon-Garlic Chicken
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 6 HOURS 10 MINS
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large onions, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons, divided
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. frozen peas
- In a large skillet over high heat, sear chicken until golden brown, 2 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper and place in a slow cooker.
- Add onions, garlic, carrots, sugar, zest and juice of 1 lemon, thyme, and chicken broth, then season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add peas and cover with lid until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add zest and juice of remaining lemon. Serve immediately.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!