A chocolate and peanut butter flavored cake covered with peanut butter glaze and lots of chopped peanut butter cups.
Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 1 HOUR 45 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 2 HOURS
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
PEANUT BUTTER GLAZE
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup fudge sauce
- 26 miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped and cut in half
- Spray a 6-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cake mix, water, eggs, 1/2 cup peanut butter, and butter on low speed for 30 seconds and then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours.
- (If your crock pot runs hot, check after 1 hour and 30 minutes.)
- Remove slow cooker insert and place on a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- Make glaze. Whisk together peanut butter, milk, and powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Spread on top of cake.
- Sprinkle fudge sauce and peanut butter cups on top.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!