We love slow cookers because they do all of the work for us, meaning we can do literally anything else while the chicken cooks.
Slow-Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
YIELDS: 6 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 6 HOURS 10 MINS
- 2 lb. skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 8 oz. baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 c. Swanson Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/3 c. capers
- 8 oz. cooked linguine, for serving
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker. Add peppers, mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes, and broth, then season with oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from slow-cooker and stir capers into sauce. Serve chicken over cooked pasta with sauce.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!