Out of all the ways to cook chicken, slow-cooking breasts is one of our favorites. It’s so easy and the chicken breasts (which have a bad rep for drying out) stay nice and juicy. All you need to do is throw several chicken breasts in the slow cooker in the morning and let them go. To round out the meal and add flavor, we add potatoes, rosemary, and lemon.
Slow-Cooker Chicken Breast
YIELDS: 3 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 4 HOURS 10 MINS
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes, quartered
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1 sprig rosemary
- In a slow-cooker, toss onion, potatoes, and lemon juice together with olive oil. Spread into an even layer.
- In a large bowl, stir together salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add chicken breasts and toss to coat evenly.
- Place chicken in a single layer above the onion mixture and top with rosemary.
- Cook on low until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are fork-tender, 4 to 5 hours.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!