If you love ordering this for takeout, now you can enjoy it at home with zero guilt.
Skinny Orange Chicken
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 20 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 40 MINS
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 large Eggs, beaten
- 2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice and zest of 2 oranges
- 1/3 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c. honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 c. cooked jasmine rice
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Set up a dredging station with one bowl of flour, one of eggs, and one of panko. Dredge the chicken in flour, then coat in eggs and cover in panko. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until no longer pink, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine orange juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and cornstarch. Whisk until combined and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl and toss in orange sauce.
- Serve over rice with orange zest, sesame seeds, and green onions.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!