This skinny chicken salad will satisfy your Tex-Mex craving without weighing you down.
Skinny Cowgirl Chicken Salad
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 25 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 25 MINS
- 1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper
- kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- 1/2 c. black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c. frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Romaine, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, sour cream and lime juice. Add cilantro, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder. Cook until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to let rest, then slice into cubes and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked chicken with avocado, beans, corn and red bell pepper. Toss with yogurt dressing until completely coated. Serve on bread, in lettuce leaves, or by itself.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!