A super comforting roasted chicken, all courtesy of your skillet.
Skillet Roast Chicken
COOK TIME: 1 HOUR 0 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 15 MINS
- 6 small shallots, peeled
- 6 red bliss potatoes, quartered
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1″ coins
- 1 (3-4) lb chicken, giblets discarded
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- Small bunch rosemary
- Small bunch thyme
- 2 lemons, sliced into wedges
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss shallots, potatoes, and carrots with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and lay in an even layer in a large ovenproof skillet (about 12”-in wide).
- Season cavity of the chicken generously with salt and pepper. Stuff with lemons, garlic and herbs.
- Rub remaining olive oil onto the skin of the chicken then season all over with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables, breast side-up, and transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165 degrees F.
- Rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with extra pan sauce.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!