Nothing warms you up on a cold day quite like chicken pot pie. This shortcut version comes together surprisingly fast, despite tasting like something it would’ve taken your grandma all day to make. The perfect no-fuss dinner, it’s on our permanent rotation all winter long.
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
YIELDS: 6 – 8
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 0 MINS
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ chunks
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 c. frozen peas
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until golden on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, and thyme and cook until vegetables are soft, 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and cook 2-3 minutes more. Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer, cooking 8-10 minutes more, until slightly thickened. Turn off heat and stir in cream, peas, and chicken.
- Remove biscuits from can and slice in half horizontally. Arrange, overlapping, in a ring on the outer circle of the skillet. Brush with egg wash and bake until golden, 25-30 minutes.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!