This rich, moist red velvet pound cake is unbelievably decadent and the perfect festive holiday dessert!
Red Velvet Pound Cake
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 1 hours
For the cake:
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups bananas mashed
For the frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 cups powder sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate shavings
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a loaf pan by greasing the bottom and sides with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a standing mixer, combine the dry cake mix, oil, eggs, and mashed bananas.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes at 350°F. (Note: Exact baking time may vary with your oven – cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.)
- When cake is done baking, remove from oven and place loaf pan on a wire cooling rack to come down to room temperature.
For the cream cheese icing:
- Using a standing mixer, combine softened butter and cream cheese, powdered sugar, whipping cream, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until we-llcombined and stiff peaks form.
- When ready to frost and decorate, remove red velvet loaf from pan and place on cutting board or serving dish.
- If using cream cheese icing, scoop into a plastic frosting bag for easy application. If using our white chocolate glaze, simply pour the warm glaze slowly over the cake so that it hardens as you pour.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings and candy canes before glaze completely sets. Allow frosting to set completely before cutting.
- Let frosting harden for about 10 minutes before enjoying.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!