These Red Velvet Cake Krispie Treats are a simple spin on the Basic Rice Krispie Treat! And we amped them up with a yummy frosting filling!
Red Velvet Cake Krispie Treats
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10 oz large marshmallows (or a 10.5 oz bag of mini marshmallows)
- 1/3 cup dry Red Velvet Cake mix
- 6 cup rice krispie cereal
- 1/2 cup butter or cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Line a 10″x15″ jelly roll pan with foil and grease lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add in dry cake mix, stirring until mixed completely with marshmallow.
- Stir in rice krispie cereal and coat evenly with mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press evenly. Let cool.
- Make filling by beating butter and powdered sugar together.
- Cut the krispie treat sheet in half, so you have two equal portions, and spread the filling on one of the portions.
- Place the other half on top and cut into squares.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!