This easy Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe makes a creamy cheesecake that’s full of Fall spices + pumpkin flavor! It’s even topped with cream cheese whipped cream!
Pumpkin Cheesecake With Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 1 hour, 40 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 40
- 2 1/4 cups (302g) graham cracker crumbs
- 10 tbsp (140g) salted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp (42g) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 24 ounces (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) all purpose flour
- 15 oz can pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup (58g) sour cream
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
CREAM CHEESE WHIPPED CREAM
- 4 oz (113g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 6 tbsp (g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Chopped pecans
- Pumpkin candies
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
- Combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Cover the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil (I also use a plastic crock pot liner – see method here) so that water from the water bath cannot get in. Set prepared pan aside.
- Reduce oven to 300°F (148°C).
- In a large mixer bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar and flour until well combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the pumpkin, sour cream, vanilla extract and spices and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the crust and spread evenly.
- Place springform pan (covered with aluminum foil) inside another larger pan. Fill the larger pan with enough warm water to go about halfway up the sides of the springform pan. The water should not go above the top edge of the aluminum foil on the springform pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 30 minutes.
- Crack oven door and leave the cheesecake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and chill until firm, 5-6 hours or overnight.
TO FINISH OFF THE CHEESECAKE
- When the cheesecake is cool and firm, remove from the springform pan and set on a serving plate.
- To make the whipped cream, add the cream cheese to a large mixer bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe the whipped cream around the edge of the cheesecake, then finish it off with chopped pecans and pumpkin candies.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake until ready to serve. Cheesecake is best when stored well covered and eaten within 3-4 days.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!