This low-carb pizza chicken bake is perfect for when you’re craving a slice but trying to be good. (We commend you!) With plenty of cheese and pepperoni, we doubt you’ll miss the crust.
Pizza Chicken Bake
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 10 MINS
- 4 (6-oz.) Tyson Fresh All Natural Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 3/4 c. pepperoni, divided
- 8 slices part-skim sliced mozzarella, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped basil, plus more for garnish
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- Preheat oven to 425º. Cut a pocket into each chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through. Stuff pocket with 4 pieces pepperoni and one folded slice mozzarella.
- Place stuffed breasts in a 9″-x-13″ baking dish and season all over with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Add crushed tomatoes, olive oil, shallots, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and chopped basil. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165º, about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove foil and top chicken with remaining sliced cheese, tomato slices, and remaining pepperoni. Return to oven for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and pepperoni is crisp.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!