Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is a pineapple lovers dream come true. This delectable cake will quickly become one of your families favorites.
Pineapple Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Miutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 3 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple with juice (reserve 3 tablespoons juice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) box cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar and baking soda. Add the beaten eggs, crushed pineapple (reserving 3 tablespoons of the juice), vanilla extract and pecans. Mix just until combined and pour into the baking pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow cake to fully cool for several hours before icing.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spread sweetened coconut in a thin layer on baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned; flipping halfway.
- Using a mixer beat the cream cheese, butter, and reserved pineapple juice until smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time; scraping down the sides. Spread over the completely cooled cake. Sprinkle the top with toasted coconut.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!