This Perfect Vanilla Cake Recipe is very easy, with just a few important tricks to make it buttery, and soft and moist!
Perfect Vanilla Cake Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 2, 8 or 9- inch round cake pans with nonstick spray. Cut two pieces of parchment paper into 9- inch circles. Place the rounds in the bottoms of the pans. Coat again with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar together for 2 minutes. Add in the oil, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt, and continue mixing for an additional minute until smooth and combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary to make sure everything is evenly mixed.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and in alternating portions add in the buttermilk and flour, beginning and ending with flour. Mix for 30 seconds, until combined and smooth, again, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour half of the cake batter into each prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until the center of the cakes are set, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pans for 10 minutes, and then remove the cakes and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!