A from scratch peach coffee cake loaded with chunks of fresh fruit for a light but indulgent start to the day.
Peaches and Cream Breakfast Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 14 ounces diced FIRM peaches no need to peel (if you don’t have a scale try about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 stick 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar plus 2 Tbsp for sprinkling
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Set oven to 350F
- Lightly spray a 9 or 10 inch spring form pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- Cream the soft butter and sugar together in a stand mixer for 3-4 minutes, until light and fluffy. Scrape down the side of the bowl a couple of times.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla.
- Whisk the sour cream and buttermilk together in a small bowl.
- Add the flour to the mixing bowl alternately with the sour cream mixture, beginning and ending with the flour. Mix until combined, but don’t over mix.
- Fold in the peaches and turn into the prepared pan. Smooth out the top. Sprinkle the surface of the cake liberally with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out without wet batter clinging to it.
- Let cool on a rack and then release from the pan to slice. Serve as is, or with a dollop of whipped cream.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!