These Parmesan Mashed Potato Cakes are so addictive! A crunchy, cheesy crust is hiding the soft, velvety mashed potato filling. They make a perfect side dish or a filling vegetarian meal.
Parmesan Mashed Potato Cakes
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
COOKING AND COOLING POTATOES: 2 hrs
TOTAL TIME: 2 hrs 25 mins
- 2 large potatoes about 1 lb.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated Parmesan + extra 1/2 cup for dredging
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped chives or scallion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. pepper or to taste
- 3 tbsp. olive oil for frying
- Cook the potatoes in gently boiling water until tender, about 20-25 minutes, depending on the size. Let them cool down completely. Peel.
- Place the potatoes in a medium mixing bowl and mash well using a potato masher.
- To the same bowl, add the egg, Parmesan, parsley, chives, flour, salt, and pepper. Mix everything well.
- Scoop up about a 1/2 cup of the potato mixture and form it into a patty.
- Place about a 1/2 cup of Parmesan into a shallow dish. Roll the patties in the parmesan to coat.
- Heat up some olive oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the potato patties, and fry for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until they turn golden brown.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!