These easy pancake batter chicken bites are sweet, savory, and completely addictive. We highly recommend our homemade pancake batter, but if you’re in a pinch, boxed mix should work too. Just make sure it’s thick enough to coat each piece!
Pancake Batter Chicken Bites
YIELDS: 6 – 8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 45 MINS
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Maple syrup, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, egg, and maple syrup and whisk until just combined.
- Season chicken all over with salt and pepper. Working in batches, dip into pancake batter. In a large heavy bottom pot, add enough oil to come 1” up the sides.
- Working in batches, add chicken using a slotted spoon and fry until golden, 5 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!