Oven baked spicy teriyaki wings are bathed in a sticky flavorful teriyaki sauce. Juicy, flavorful and always a hit.
Oven Baked Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Wings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Marinade: 4 hours
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours 45 minutes
- 3 lb bag chicken wings (thawed)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more if you like it spicier
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- Green onions and sesame seed for garnish
- In a small bowl whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, water, sugar, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes until sugar is dissolved.
- Place chicken wings in a large ziplock freezer bag, pour in 1/3 of the marinade mixture. Seal and mix the wings around in the marinade. Place in refrigerator for 4 hours or preferably overnight for best flavor.
- Place the rest of the marinade in a small saucepan and whisk in cornstarch until blended. Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place a metal wire cooling rack on a rimmed foil lined baking sheet. Place all the wings on the wire rack
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- Turn the oven to broil, brush some of the teriyaki sauce over the wings and broil 3-5 minutes. Flip the wings and repeat.
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds. Serves 4-6
- **note I usually buy the 3 lb bag of chicken, the wings tend to be a little larger
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!