This green bean mushroom and chicken skillet is prepared with fresh ingredients only, without any canned cream soups.
One Skillet Chicken with Green Beans and Mushrooms
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 lb. French green beans
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs thinly sliced
- Salt and lemon pepper (to taste)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 10 oz. mushrooms
- ½ cup chicken broth unsalted
- ½ cup heavy cream (or half-and-half + 1 Tbsp flour for lighter version)
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese more for garnish
- Arrange green beans in a microwave-safe dish with 1/2 cup (125ml) water. Cook in the microwave for 8-10 minutes, until almost done but still crisp.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and butter to the pan and heat it over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add sliced chicken, season it with salt and lemon pepper right in the pan, and cook for about 4 minutes on each side until chicken slices are slightly browned. Next add garlic, onion powder, precooked beans and mushrooms. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until cooked to your liking.
- Add chicken broth and heavy cream and reduce the sauce for a couple of minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Next add parmesan cheese into the pan. Stir until cheese is incorporated with the sauce. Taste and season with more salt and pepper.
- Serve warm and garnish with extra cheese, if desired.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!