This one-pan meal is one of our most frequented weeknight dinners. What’s not to love? It’s healthy, easy, and it has the BEST SAUCE EVER. If you’d like to switch up the veg, green beans, bell peppers, snap peas, and mushrooms would all be great additions. Serve it on its own, or over brown rice or any other of your favorite grains. A little bread on the side would be good too—you need something to soak up that sauce.
One-Pan Balsamic Chicken & Asparagus
Prep Time: 0 HOURS 20 MINS
Total Time: 0 HOURS 20 MINS
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lb. chicken breast tenders
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
- Make vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic, 2 tablespoons oil, honey, mustard, garlic, and red pepper flakes until combined. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat remaining oil. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and sear until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To pan, add asparagus and tomatoes, season with more salt and pepper, and cook until asparagus is bright green and tomatoes are slightly wilted, 5 minutes or so.
- Move veggies to one side, add chicken back in and pour in vinaigrette. Toss veggies and chicken slightly until chicken is cooked through and vinaigrette is thickened, 5 minutes more.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!