A cake made from yellow cake mix is frosted with a cream cheese, mandarin orange, and pineapple mixture for a light and refreshing cake.
Million Dollar Cake
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 9 hrs 55 mins
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 (8 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Mix and bake cake mix as per package instruction for two 8 or 9 inch round layers. Let layers cool, and then split each layer in half so as to have 4 layers.
- In a large bowl, whip cream cheese until soft, and then gradually mix in confectioners’ sugar. Stir in the pineapple with juice and the drained mandarin oranges, reserving about 5 mandarin orange slices to decorate the top of cake. Mix in the dry pudding mix. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Place one cake layer on a cake plate cut side up; spread with frosting. Place another layer cut side down on the first one, and top with more frosting. Repeat until all layers are used, spreading last bit of frosting on top and sides of cake. Decorate with reserved mandarin orange slices. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!