A fun, fruity, colorful cake – this Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles Cake is sweet, bright and full of flavor!
Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles Cake
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2-3 cups Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup shortening
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 2 7 oz containers Marshmallow Creme
- Blue pink and yellow food coloring
- 1/2 cup Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray bottom and line 2 9″ cake pans with parchment paper and spray sides.
- In large bowl beat your butter and sugar together with hand mixer (or you could use a stand mixer) until light and fluffy.
- Add your egg whites and vanilla and continue to mix for a few more minutes until incorporated well.
- In separate medium bowl combine your flour and baking powder until combined.
- Taking turns add about 1/3 of your flour mixture to your wet mixture, followed by your milk. Continue until all ingredients are added making sure to beat well after each addition.
- Divide the batter evenly among your 2 pans.
- Place in oven on center rack and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for about 5 minutes then turn onto wire cooling rack.
- Meanwhile to make buttercream in large bowl beat together your butter and shortening until light and fluffy. Add your almond extract and continue to beat.
- One cup at a time add your powdered sugar until thick.
- Lastly add in your marshmallow creme and beat until everything comes together.
- To make your colored layers in 3 small bowls add about 1/2 cup of buttercream to each and desired amount of food coloring to each bowl.
- To assemble and frost your cake, using a cake leveler or serated knife cut each of your cake layers in half. Add one layer to your cake stand, top with your blue buttercream and spread out until about 1/2″ from sides. Repeat with remaining layers.
- To frost the outside of your cake add your 1/2 cup Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles to buttercream and stir to mix together, add to the sides of your cake and spread around, once spread onto sides and a thin layer on top.
- Sprinkle your remaining Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles over top of cake and up sides, gently pushing into frosting.
- Serve and enjoy!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!