A fresh twist on an old classic – Mandarin Orange Cake made without Cool Whip or cake mix. Just fresh, flavorful, beautiful cake.
Mandarin Orange Cake
Prep Time: 25 MINUTES
Cook Time: 25 MINUTES
Total Time: 50 MINUTES
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 1/3 cup mandarin oranges crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cup cake flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3.4 ounce vanilla pudding mix instant
- 16 ounce pineapple fresh, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 8″ round pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl/mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, Cuties and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift cake flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Gradually incorporate into wet mixture alternating with milk until just incorporated.
- Pour into baking pans and bake 25-28 minutes when cake springs back after being touched. Allow to cool 20 minutes before turning onto rack or pedestal.
- Beat heavy cream until stiff. Add powdered sugar, vanilla pudding mix and crushed pineapple.
- Place one layer of cake onto your serving dish and fill with icing before placing the second layer on top. Ice, garnish and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!