Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes are a fun and easy snack or appetizer that takes all the flavors you love in loaded mashed potatoes and puts them into a hand-held snack!
Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 1 24oz package Bob Evan’s Original Mashed Potatoes (about 2 ½ cups)
- 1 ½ cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 to 3 tablespoon vegetable oil, for frying
- Combine the mashed potatoes, both cheeses, crumbled bacon, flour, garlic powder, onions and egg in a large bowl and stir to combine. Chill the mixture, covered, for about 15 minutes, up to 24 hours.
- Use an ice cream scoop with a trigger release handle to scoop potato mixture into small 2 inch rounds. Shape the rounds into 1/3 inch thick patties using your hands. Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl and coat potato patties on both sides with breadcrumbs.
- Lightly oil the bottom of a cast iron or non-stick pan with the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Cook the potato patties for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until golden brown, and then place on a paper towel lined plate. Let cool slightly before enjoying. Dip in either sour cream or ranch dressing.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!