Moist, flavorful, simple and delicious, this Lemon Ricotta Cake is a tasty citrus cake recipe that you can whip up in one bowl and never have leftovers!
Lemon Ricotta Cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp lemon extract or more depending on your liking
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs lemon zest
- 1-2 Tbs milk optional
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Spray a 10″ springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl beat together with hand mixer your ricotta, eggs, extracts and oil until combined.
- Add in your cake mix and beat until just incorporated.
- Add in heavy cream mixing until blended in.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 60 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for about 5 minutes then remove edges and cool completely.
- Once cooled make your glaze by mixing your powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest together in bowl.
- Pour over cooled cake.
- Cut and serve.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!