A luscious lemon butter cake with lemon pudding drizzled through it made super easy with a box cake mix and instant lemon pudding.
Lemon Pudding Poke Cake
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 Duncan Hines butter golden cake mix (15.25 ounce)
- 3/4 cup water
- 7 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 box (3.4 ounce) instant jello lemon pudding
- 1 box (8 ounce) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3–4 cups powdered sugar
- Small lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Follow box directions for butter golden cake mix adding water, butter and eggs (as indicated on the package). Stir in lemon zest. Spoon in pan and bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes on clean.
- Meanwhile stir lemon pudding mix and milk according to box instructions. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove cake from the oven and immediately poke holes about every inch using the back of a wooden spoon. Spread the pudding over the cake gently pushing into the holes. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, lemon juice, lemon zest and powdered sugar in 1/2 cup intervals until desired consistency.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups frosting if piping edges and centers. Spread remaining frosting over cake blending with remaining lemon pudding. Top with piped edges, centers and lemon slices if desired.
- Refrigerate for several hours to overnight to fully set.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!