An easy gooey lemon cake box cookie with just seven ingredients. Make a whole batch of cookies in less than 30 minutes.
Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter softened (1 stick)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 box lemon cake mix (I use Duncan Hines lemon supreme)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Cream butter and cream cheese with mixer until smooth and creamy. Add egg, lemon juice and lemon zest; mix until combined on low. Add the lemon cake mix in three parts mixing just until combined after each part.
- Refrigerate dough for 2 hours.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and roll through the powdered sugar. Place on cookie sheets covered with parchment paper.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool for 2 minutes then remove to cookie cooling racks. When fully cool dust with more powdered sugar.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!