The only time we really think about eating chicken drumsticks is when we roast a whole chicken. We forget to cook them on their own sometimes, but with this simple baked recipe, we’re about to start! After a quick marinade, these drumsticks bake in the oven in no time and stay extremely tender and juicy. The high heat helps the skin get nice and crispy for a perfectly baked drumstick!
Lemon Garlic Baked Drumsticks
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 0 MINS
- 1/4 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 3 lbs.)
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, oil, garlic, and lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Add drumsticks and toss to coat. Refrigerate and let marinate at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place chicken on a large baking sheet and bake until golden and internal temperature reaches 165°, 20 to 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!