This recipe makes a delectable pudding-like cake with a tangy lemony flavor everyone will love.
Lemon Custard Pudding Cake
Yield: 1 -2 quart cake
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 2 quart baking dish. Separate the eggs.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, butter and 1 1/2 cups of the white sugar.
- Beat the egg yolks and add to the sugar mixture along with the milk and lemon zest. Mix well and add the lemon juice.
- In another bowl beat egg whites until stiff, slowly adding the remaining 1/2 cup white sugar. Fold the egg whites into the batter. Pour batter into the prepared dish.
- Place the dish in a shallow pan of hot water and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm of chilled with confectioners’ sugar dusted on top.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!